- As many of you have noticed, recently the water being produced via the La Rue water plant wells has high iron content. However, the water continues to be perfectly safe for use and consumption. A symptom of this high iron content may include slight discoloration. The Board of Public Affairs and the village water operator are aware of this issue and have been working diligently to resolve it. The next step in the troubleshooting process includes contracting with local well professionals to perform maintenance on the wells. This maintenance is scheduled to be performed the last week of January due to the high demand for their services. The Board of Public Affairs and the water operator will continue to work diligently to provide the highest quality water possible. Please feel free to share this message with other community members.
- Beginning on 9/1/20 construction of the new water tower will begin behind the La Rue Municipal Building located at 350 N High Street.
- ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW RECORD – VILLAGE OF LA RUE WATER STORAGE TANK REPLACEMENT PROJECT:
- January 2020 Meetings:
- La Rue Village Council January 5th @7pm
- La Rue Board of Public Affairs January 19th @7pm
- February 2020 Meetings:
- La Rue Village Council February 1st @7pm
- La Rue Board of Public Affairs February 15th @7pm
- Drinking Water Requirements for States and Public Water Systems visit: https://www.epa.gov/dwreginfo
- No open burning in the Village and absolutely no burning of trash.
- Keep your property free of debris. Help our village and spruce up your property!
- Interested in joining the Scioto Valley Fire District? Contact Scioto Valley Fire Department.
Call (740) 499-2100 to arrange a time to meet with the clerk.
350 North High Street